Sunday 7 June 2009

Celeb spot number one....we think...

It's been an eventful few days in Belmont Shore and after two weeks in tinseltown we've finally been to Hollywood and spotted our first real life celebrity, and it's a good one. More on that later.

So I think I last left the blog at 2am on Weds morning right? It's hard keeping track of the days and activities and as a list addict i'm finding myself writing mini-blogs to remember what I need to write for the actual blog!

On Wednesday I ventured out alone for the first time and made my way down the coast to Huntington in the hope of getting some lesson time in the water. It's been a bit of an annoying week as i've had to be at Nudge's beckon call but I needed to go and pick up my snazzy new wetsuit anyways so nothing was lost. As it turned out the wind stayed calm and we just had a beer together instead.

There were some bits and pieces we needed to get done on Thurs which included looking into hire cars for our drive from LA to San Fran and blagging more free passes to the gym. We wanted to be quick and it was a nice sunny day and required urgent beach time so cycled into downtown Long Beach and much to our misfortune came across a couple of horrible excuses for the female species in Budget car hire.
I can't be bothered to go into the conversation but I told them not to worry themselves with helping us and swifly left leaving some simpson rage in the air behind me! Our second mission was more successful and we successfully bagged some free passes to the infamous Golds Gym which i'll be using for boxing on Thursday :)

In the evening I had to pour Loz a couple of strong vodka shots as we were going to Ripples, the local gay bar. The drag show started at 10pm so after a few drinks we walked down, paid entry and pushed through the thick red velvety curtains to reveal the costumed delights of Long Beach's finest alternative entertainment. There was quite a variety of acts on offer, one guy that looked like a deformed Cher, another with far to much plastic surgery and hidious cheek implants and not forgetting the 45 stone 'thing' that wore a tight elastic tube dress and reminded me of a whale shoved into a sock. Sorry I know that's rude....but true.

We got into the spirit of things and threw some dollar notes their way but one girl at the front was wasted and must have shoved over $50 down those sweaty fakes clevages. After the show we went downstairs and performed some pretty awful karaoke. (Mum, you won't believe this but Chris turns round to me and says "Have you heard of Neil Diamond?"! Turns out Neil is one of his favourites and we both sung Sweet Caroline to the almost empty room while the tranny working the karaoke machine looked on).

The night ended with some random dancing where Loz was practically clinging to me as two guys were trying to stroke his arm and I moonwalked right into a lesbians lap by mistake. ARGH.

Friday was more chilled, I finally finished up my lessons and got some time in the water with the kite. Yes it is bloody hard and no I am not zipping around on any board yet! Ashley, a girl who lives in the building came round for dinner in the evening and once again we polished off too many bottles of red wine. This has got to stop as you can see from the evidence on Facebook.

I'd only had 6 hours sleep but forced myself up for Gary's box aerobics class on Saturday morning at 8.45am, it was worth the pain and I was chuffed as managed to finish all 9 minutes of skipping this week. I throughly believe that was because he was playing house music and it gave me that extra boooost of energy, love it.

During the day Chris drove us into Hollywood and gave us a great tour of all the sights, horribly touristy but a box to tick off.
It was cool seeing the Hollywood sign and I nearly died when I realised I was standing on Kiefer Sutherland's star, if only he'd been there in person *sigh*. We also drove around Beverly Hills looking for the Fresh Prince's mansion and passed the Beverly Wilshire Hotel and Rodeo Drive in tribute to Pretty Woman.

We were desperate to see a star so starting cruising Sunset Strip (a famous stretch of road where the celebs hang out to eat) but saw nothing except the tinted windows of escalades and lamborghinis....until....we passed a guy in a matching white suit and flat cap with big black glasses and it was Samuel L. Jackson! Woohoo!
That eve we chilled it out and had 8 or so people round for some marshmallow toasting in the fire pit and (more) wine drinking.

So that brings us to yesterday when we tried to feel 'LA' by going to a champagne brunch at a jazz club but failed by not buying anything because we couldn't afford it :( We're on a tight budget here and $10 for a drink is a luxury we couldn't afford, however, Ashley was great and managed to steal us loads of amazing food to nibble on to accompany our water LOL. When we left we saw the number plate 'DRE' on an expensive looking car.......could it have been Dr Dre himself????

1 comment:

  1. No way! Samuel L Jackson himself?! be proud of that one! xxx

    ReplyDelete